Extreme Joy

Extreme Joy

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

His Eye Is On You


“Give all your worries to him, because he cares about you” (I Peter 5:7 NCV).

I love to be cared for, don’t you? Peter gave us a wonderful reminder that God not only loves us, but he cares for us. I especially like the way the Amplified Bible reads concerning the last part of this scripture, “for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.” Now, I can snuggle up to those words . . . He cares for us affectionately – tenderly, lovingly. Yes, that feels so good – to know that the creator of the universe cares about me and He cares about you. But that is not all, for He cares for us watchfully. He is watching us and He knows what is going on in our lives at every moment, what we are concerned about, and what is ahead of us that we can’t even see.
But then there are the first six words of this verse, “Give all your worries to him.” In examining my daily life, I must ask myself whether or not I give my worries to Him? Do I give Him ALL my worries? I can honestly say I am working on this part of the scripture. For as much as I snuggle up to the last part, I cringe at the first part.
Just yesterday I had a devotion post on an online devotional site that I had submitted back in April. The title of the devotion was “Faith and Finance” in which I wrote “we must believe God will provide during difficult situations, even regarding our money.” As life would have it, on the same day this posted, we were hit with a test concerning our faith in finances. I ended my day praying God would take care of the situation and woke up trying to pray and sing the words “His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He’s watching me.” We are now on the other side of the situation and once again we survived. Did I pass “the test,” I don’t know, but it once again reminded me that as difficult as it is, I MUST give my worries to Him – especially when it is out of my control.  Oh, the “c” word – well we can address that another day.
What are your worries today? What seems so big it consumes your time, your thoughts, your energy and eats away at your joy? Remember God cares about you affectionately and He is watching over you. Give Him your worries, all of them. His shoulders are much larger and can carry your load much easier than you will ever be able. He is waiting – and remember, He has His all-seeing eyes on YOU.




No comments:

Post a Comment